Here's just some of what we've accomplished since June 2006, when The RE*Generation began:
- 2011 & 2012 Virgin Mobile FreeFest donations helped build the Virgin Mobile RE*Generation House, a transitional living facility for homeless youth in Washington, DC. Developed in partnership with Sasha Bruce Youthwork, the addition of the new RE*Generation House will provide a community of youth in need with not only 24/7 housing, but access to specialized programming around entrepreneurship & urban farming.
- In April 2010, Virgin Mobile USA received the 2010 Private Sector Award in recognition of its work on behalf of homeless youth. To learn more about this award and read an interview with Dan Schulman, former President of Virgin Mobile and Sprint Prepaid Brands, click here.
- Since 2009 the outpouring of support for Virgin Mobile FreeFest has provided:
- 75k hours of community service have been donated to homeless youth.
- Nearly $800K raised for homeless youth charities.
- Nearly 25,000 outreach kits created for kids on the street.
- 1000 pairs of shoes were donated by Converse to youth homelessness.
- Through your donations and help from our partners, over $7 million worth of cash, volunteered time, and in-kind donations have been invested in building The RE*Generation so far.
- In 2007, lobbying Congress to officially designated November as "National Homeless Youth Awareness Month" here in the U.S.
- Over 200,000 items of clothing have been donated through our Txt2Clothe and Blank2Clothe programs.
- Contributing to over $1 million in matched funding for Youthnoise, with more than 10 million young people reached and more than 300,000 people taking action.
Thanks everyone who's contributed. Please keep those donations coming!